Saturday, January 19, 2008

The day I was born...

Well, I decided that I wanted to say hello to Mommy and Daddy on Saturday, January 12th. All was going good until early that morning when I decided that I wanted to change positions in Mommy's belly and tried to come out butt first. The doctors were worried so she had an emergency C-section after 16 hours of labor. She was scared about the whole situration but just wanted to do what was best for me. Well at 8:38am I was born but had some trouble breathing when I arrived. I was really pale and was having a hard time pinking up. The doctors were really working on me to make sure I was okay. Once I started making some noises and slowly gaining color I was rushed to the nursery for closer care. I only got to see Mommy and Daddy for a second. Daddy came with me and stayed with me until I was A-okay. They had to put me under an Oxygenhood, which I really did not like. Daddy says I kept swating my arms at it. About 2:30pm they took my off the O-Hood but I was still hooked up to my IV receiving medicine and fluids. It was a close call because they told Daddy that if I had not gotten better that they wanted to transfer me to a specialty hospital called Bethesda. Around 6 pm I finally got to see my Mommy for the 1st time. She was so happy to finally see me and make sure that I was doing better. Since I was doing good she was able to try to breastfeed me. I must have been really hungry because I took to it and really chowed down. Well it might have been rough but that pretty much was my 1st day of life and it can only get better from here... check out some of my photos below.





This is me with the Oxygenhood to help me breath.

This is me, up close.

This is the 1st time that Mommy held me. I was so happy.

I finally was able to eat. Breastfeeding works great for me.

Daddy was really nervous to hold me that 1st day because of my IV and things but as soon as it all came off the next morning he was so happy to finally hold me. See I told you I look just like my Daddy.

No comments: